Twitch bought Curse. All the details of the transaction
17 August, 2016 / id: 1717
15 hours ago on the Twitch's official blog announced that they had "reached an agreement to acquire the company, which will help the community become more and be more united than ever before." This is the Curse portal - a global leader in the field of multimedia and Internet technologies, focused on content and product specifically for gamers. Now Twitch family of products have become much closer to gamers and eSports professionals.
In Curse portal today - integrated and sufficiently broad network of community gaming industry competitive. Curse, Inc. It comprises:
- Curse Client: the client and the superstructure developed MMO fashion to numerous games, including World of Warcraft, Minecraft, and more
- Gamepedia: more than 1,000 gaming wikis
- Curse Voice: Voice Chat on the basis of the Internet Protocol VOIP
- Team Curse: a number of former eSports teams in games League of Legends and Call of Duty. In January 2015, the team merged with Team Liquid
- Curse official channel in YouTube: Broadcast updates and event eSports games (Gamescom, MineCon, BlizzCon and others)
- MMO Champion: news portal of the World of Warcraft game
- Hearthpwn: portal for Hearthstone players.
Curse, Inc. It was established in 2006 and headquartered in Alabama, USA, and offices in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, the United Kingdom and Germany. Positioned as a "resource number 1 key for key online gamers." Traffic audience unique users per month amounted to 30 million in 2013.
"Curse, Inc. is resource number 1 for key online gamers"
Last year, Riot Games Curse acquired for $ 30 million dollars as the experts say because the popular VoIP service voice communication Curse Voice. In the announcement of the transaction by Twitch was no mention at Riot Games. Perhaps they will become partners, especially in the broadcasts of tournaments Riot Games.
The transaction amount was not disclosed.
The deal is logical in an operation to get rid of parallel assets Tencent Corporation, which owns the Riot Games. The assets of Tencent - service voice VoIP Discord and streaming platform Douyu.
Portal Twitch Interactive, which operates in the market of streaming video since 2011, owns Amazon. Audience-streaming platform is growing rapidly. In just one year from 2012 to 2013 the number of visitors per month has risen from 15 million to 45 million people. According to unconfirmed reports by independent appraisers, Twitch audience now stands at 100 million people a month. The core target audience Twitch - young people from 18 to 34 years.